Saturday, April 16, 2011

Waiting and Trusting

If only they would've waited!!! We see here at Ai that the Lord says they can take the possessions of the people for spoils. It's so ridiculous when we try to take the blessings of God instead waiting for the Giver of every good and perfect to give them Himself. Taking comes with a price, but when God gives in His time and within His criteria it has no strings attached, tax free so to say. Maybe, like in the case of this chapter, it's not a matter of waiting, but of trusting God to fulfill a desire. You want something and He just says no. Achan made the mistake of not listening and he paid the penalty. If he would've listened, he would've received the fulfillment of his desire 1000 fold at Ai. The Lord has a plan, has you completely covered, and has you completely in mind because He loves you. We read in Luke 12 a few weeks ago in Axiom about this. Let's continue to be challenged in waiting and trusting God. Because He comes through EVERY TIME and you can't tell me any different.

Robby

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jwoolworth said...

I think Ai is about Joshua figuring out the battle is Gods not His. It needs to be fought Gods way. Doing things God's way usually means I get to sit back and see the miracles of the living God (praising God for them). The problem is I have a tendency to think not only is the battle mine but God really needs to sit back and watch Jack do his magic on this situation. When I am done trying all of my magic then I come to the Lord and say do this for me. Maybe after a while of waiting I might even ask “Ok God what do you want” but that comes way later after the battle for my faith is fought in my own mind. There is still a battle for who is in charge me or the Holy Spirit. I think I really slow God down. It is really good He is a patient God. I have a lot of battles to fight in my own mind before I am willing to let Him fight them for me. Fewer battles than before, but still a lot of battles.
Ephesians 6:10-12
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Pastor Jack

Joe said...

Nice Post Robby, God does come through all the time. I have been praying that Pastor Jack get's his own gmail account for a long time. He has fallen into temptation and now is with us. God is good all the time