Thursday, April 21, 2011

Joshua 13-14

Joshua 14:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. 12 Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said.”

I hope you noticed by I am covering two chapters today. Chapter 13 was primarily a list of the land that had been conquered. I think Caleb's response in vv. 11-12 in chapter 14 is amazing. Here we have an 85 year old man saying that he is ready to kick some butt. 45 years earlier Caleb as a spy, returned with a report of the land and was ready to enter but the other spy's were fearful. Saying that the people were taller and greater than them (Duet 1) but not Caleb, the dude is a warrior. We need more Caleb's in our lives that don't walk in fear but ready to take on whoever and whatever is thrown at them. My question for you is are you Caleb or are you someone who walks in fear assuming the worst? There is nothing impossible with our God. Real men follow Jesus. I would encourage you to go pick a fight with Satan today. Stop walking with fear and being a wimp. Don't let an 85 year old dude put you to shame.

Man Up and walk in your inheritance!

Pastor Joe


1 comment:

Jwoolworth said...

Caleb Started out trusting the Lord that is why he is still here at 85 all of the others (except Joshua) are dead. They never even got to see the land filled with milk and honey because of their unbelief

Heb 3:15-19
15 As has just been said:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion."
16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

The truth is Joshua and Caleb got to enter into God's rest because they chose to believe (by the way isn't it interesting God calls this His rest. There seems like a lot of war in God's rest). He is still after all these years a man that says. "It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said"

God said it, I believe it, and that settles it, that is how Caleb thinks.

Lord give me this day a mind and heart like Caleb that seeks to enter your rest.

Jack