Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

So I wanted to break away from Joshua today and talk about Good Friday. Today marks the day that Christ was crucified for our sins, the day He took our place, our burden, and our punishment. Today is the day we reflect on the work of our Savior on the cross. Today is a somber day as we read about the brutality, the shame, and the rejection He experienced on our behalf. Today is the day that Jesus went through the most difficult, most painful, most horrible experience that anyone could ever experience for you and for me. Today is the day that He gave the greatest sacrifice, paid the greatest price to purchase us, and showed the greatest love. Today the veil was torn. Without today we would still be lost without hope. Let's take time today to remember, to refocus, and realign ourselves with the work of the cross because our response is thus:

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

Robby

2 comments:

Joe said...

I find that today is also a day to remember the day your old self was put death. There is incredible rest like Pastor Jack shared yesterday knowing that the life you live is not your but his.

Jwoolworth said...

Luke 23:40-43
40 But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." 42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

This morning I was thinking of the work on the cross and the Idea that I was there with Jesus as He paid for my sin. I am this morning declaring as the chriminal did "I are punished justly, for I was getting what my deeds deserve. But Jesus has done nothing wrong." I thank you Jesus, That you rememberd me and paid for my deeds as well as preparing for me a place with you in paridise.

There is a song in my heart and mouth this morning as I declare.

Thank you Lord for saving my soul
Thank you Lord for making me whole
Thank you Lord for for giving to me thy great salvation so rich and free.

Pastor Jack