Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Truth

“And now I am about to go the way of all the earth, and you know in your hearts and souls, all of you, that not one word has failed of all the good things that the Lord your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed. But just as all the good things that the Lord your God promised concerning you have been fulfilled for you, so the Lord will bring upon you all the evil things, until he has destroyed you from off this good land that the Lord your God has given you, if you transgress the covenant of the Lord your God, which he commanded you, and go and serve other gods and bow down to them. Then the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you, and you shall perish quickly from off the good land that he has given to you.”
- Joshua 23:14-16

Joshua is a witness to the undeniable fact that every word the Lord speaks is true. Every promise is fulfilled. But, He demands that we acknowledge His Kingship and Lordship, that we put Him in the proper place. There's consequence to not doing so. When we haven't, we have no right to those promises and no place in His inheritance. Let's acknowledge Him and His Word and put them in their proper place. The place of our reverence and respect, obedience and service, honor and glory, belief and trust, wonder and awe, praise and worship, adoration and the highest love.


1 comment:

Jwoolworth said...

As a father with adult children I understand this truth. As long as you live in my house you need to obey my rules and be respectful of the father that gives you all that you have. If you choose to live on your own then that is your choice(you are a adult) and you can live under whatever rules you choose to live by. That does not change the fact that you are my child and I love you. That does not change the fact that if you get in trouble I will come and help you (if you ask). However when you live on your own with your own rules you do not get the blessing that comes from living in the house. In the house there is food, a room, a bed, money, and pretty much anything you ask for not to mention constant companionship with the family. It is always our choice we are adult children. Living in the House of God requires living in the love of God (giving and receiving) and all the blessings and responsibilities that come with loving the risen savior. To not live in the house of God does not mean I am not a child of His it just means I choose to live outside His blessings and His purpose in my life. If I am in trouble and ask He will always come and help me.

I have done both in my life at different times and now “as for me and my House we choose the Lord”.

Pastor Jack