Monday, April 11, 2011

Time For Sanctification

And Joshua said to the people, "Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you" Joshua 3:5

I have studied Joshua many times and what the Lord seems to be stirring in me this time around are the little acts of obedience that lead to great acts of God glory in the peoples lives. Before the people were to cross the Jordan they were told to Sanctify themselves. This meant for them to remove or divorce themselves from anything that was unclean and devote themselves completely to God. If they had not, would they ever cross the Jordan? I do believe that in order for God's fullness in our lives (Glory) we must lay aside and remove all that is unclean in our lives and be filled with Him his Spirit. What is the Lord calling you to remove from your vessel? I sense the Lord cleansing my thought life that is evil and not edifying and replacing it his with his thoughts towards me and others.

Sanctify!!!

3 comments:

Jamesgrigg said...

I like what you said Joe! I thought it was crazy they had to be a 1000 yards away from the ark. That is nearly 10 football fields! 12 men is that a refrence to the 12 deciples? What does the number 12 mean is it significant? This story is like a little version of moses's story too

Jamesgrigg said...

After just having an awesome talk with pastor scott he helped me realize something. I havent been looking toward the cross as my umber 1 concern of being a christian. I have been looking and focusing on everything else weather it be reading the word or having fellowship. I have been thinking about the theology instead of realizing the simple truth.
Jesus is number 1 in my life and everything else falls in to place. I am dead in Jesus and he is all that matters to me. I find happyness and fufillfulness in the expirience of Jesus and being with Jesus.
Scott asked me if i would go to heaven if it was perfect and without jesus and i had to think about it....So ask yourselves would you go to heaven if it was everything u ever wanted and more but without jesus?

Jay said...

WOW, Sanctification. Thats a word that a lot of people do not like to hear. This verse reminds me that God calls us to have clean hearts and hands. It speaks to me that in order to do great things for the kingdom we must purify ourselves and dedicate ourselves. The passage in mark 9:19-29 comes to mind Where the disciples are not able to cast an evil spirit out of a boy, then when they ask Jesus why they were unable to Jesus said in verse 29 So He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting." I need the Lord to purify me daily.