Monday, January 28, 2008

Unreal

A little timeout before the post. Where did everyone go? We have two days left and I beleive each day get's better and better. I guess you all wanted to test my love for you with the 0 comments. I got nothing but love for ya especially after chapter 15

Last night Steve Fenner's Dad went to be with the Lord so in light of just praying with him I turned to Chapter 15. Steve we stand with you and pray you'll be encouraged with today's post.

Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

If Christ had not been raised then our faith and life would be useless. v.14 but He did raise and so will we. Steve's Dad has a new body and living in glory. The sorrow is on our side but trust me Steve's Dad is dancing and singing with the Angels.

I love the illustration of the seed in vv. 35-49. The seed never looks like the plant that sprouts. Our challenge is to not live in ignorance like the peope in Corinth were.
v. 34 Come back to our senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some ignorant of God - I say this to your shame.

That's a reality check...I am from the seed of Abraham and my seed is intended for a wonderful crop.

If a seed is not watered and nurtured it can never sprout. We have some intense Miracle gro through the Cross and it's garanteed. Sprinkle some on your seed and watch the glory of the Lord sprout in your life in this life and the eternal life to come.

Good stuff.
Joe

5 comments:

Pr. Juan said...

Steve, you are in our prayers.
Joe, thanks for the cup of Joe!

As I read Ch. 15 I was reminded that, on earth, we are only passing through. When I was younger, it felt like I had a looooong time to live on earth. The older I'm getting the more I realize that my time on earth is running out.

REALITY CHECK
What is a man's life? According to Life Expectancy figures, the country with the highest average life expectancy is Andorra with 83.46 yrs. The lowest country is Zambia with only 37.24 yrs. In the USA the ave. for Men is 74.24 yrs. and for Women 79.90 yrs. God only knows for sure, but have you considered how much time you might have left? Sobering thought, huh?
This could be really depressing if life ended here on earth.

No need to fear...God is here!
v.22 In Christ all will be made alive! This world is just the starting point. We have eternal life in Christ. Transition will happen.

In the meantime remember (v.33) Bad company corrupts good character. Be careful whom you chose to spend your time with.

The best thing you can do is to (v.58) Give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord.

Be Blessed!

nathanael john said...

Corinthians 15
"I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I DIE DAILY" [v. 31]

As Christ died and rose again to validate the purpose of our existence, Paul parallels that with what we all should do on a daily basis: die to ourselves so that we may live a loving and fruitful life in Christ.

I'm also grateful for the encouragement that Paul continuously offers. By reminding us that the propitiation of our sins was carried COMPLETELY through by the death and resurrection, our lives can be lived with purpose and conviction.

"...Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." [v. 58]

So be encouraged and blessed that we get to awake each day a NEW creation in Christ with a solid and documented direction to travel!

Cheers
nathan l

Dan The Man said...

Chapter 14: Speaking in Tongues

Paul continues to point out some of the flaws that the church in Corinth had. They focused on speaking in tongues as as gift of the elite. There was no order in the way they did it. It was a little chaos and confusion. Anyone that entered that place would think they are all crazy. he puts things in the right perspective by saying that edification of the entire church is more important.(verse 5)

I think it is very important to pray in the spirit because the spirit knows things that the physical side of me does not. It is my spirit directly talking. But it is not to be publicized unless someone can interpret it. I also like how Paul tries to make it a very orderly process.

One verse here I remember from when people say they can't control themselves when "the spirit comes upon them"

verse 32-33
"And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints."

We have control over what comes out of our mouth. When God speaks or acts though us it will be in a orderly peaceful fashion.

Dan The Man said...

Chapter 15-16
I know that believing that Christ became alive after he died is not a hard thing for me to believe but it would be difficult for someone else. If Christ didn't resurrect we would all be wasting a whole lot of time. but thanks to god that he did.

Everyday I believe what Jesus did for me. It is by this faith that I will not die but go to heaven. It is also comforting to know that what I do on earth is important and not in vain. With the short amount of time that I have, "thanks Pastor Juan", I have to use it wisely for whatever God wants me to do. So in closing I blog thee to

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love."

HEY JOE, WHAT BOOK ARE WE DOING NEXT.

BTW i will see you in like 6 hours so I will bug you about it then too.

Dan The Man said...

JOE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BLOG AGAIN??

POST! POST!