Thursday, March 22, 2007

Balance

I took a few days to evaluate some things in my life and training. Coming off two weeks of some of the most consistent training I have done in years I was fatigued and wondering if I did a little too much even though it was hardly anything. I have so many passions in life it's hard to balance what is most important as all of you know. Not enough time in the day to do all the things you love. My priorites are simple God/family/work so where does that put my training or desire to swim bike run. After the talk with Peter Reid I felt a freedom to take a few days off and heal some wounds and just get away from the training. I discovered on my first ride back that my training is such a part of my quest in balancing my walk with God, family and work. All the books (including the bible) speak of the importance of taking care of the body. At times the work outs or whatever you do to train your mind and body do seem to be a waste of time but once again I was reminded that it is the opposite. I think I was just being a wimp and looking for a way to justify my lack to get workouts in. In fact I need to finish this post and get a run in. I'll probably swim at lunch since I wimped out this morning on the run. Remember taking care of the mind and body is an important part of whatever you do so get out there.

Joe

No comments: