Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Times

Welcome to all the first timers to a cup of joe. Looking forward with great anticipation to see all the comments as we begin our time in the book of James. Last night at bible study was amazing. I was truly blessed with the discussion and even more to see everyone connecting after. Sorry to kick everyone out, but I did miss my girls, I don't know what Becky's exuse was. So much to comment from Chapter 1 and I know all of us would like to read your insight and wisdom from last night.
my comment comes from vv. 9-11.
"Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away."

Whether you have little or abundance now, compared to eternity it doesn't really matter. My prayer is for all of us to have abundance and walk humbly with our King. I realize that many of us do carry so many burdens and do with out, but the encouragement is even in a life filled with pain and misery one can glory in his exaltation. Nothing can be greater that recognizing our position as a child of God. So if your experiencing abundance rejoice in humility and if your facing trials and hurts rejoice in knowing that you're a child of the living God and He loves you and is preparing a place for you where there is no death, sorrow, or crying. let the post and the coffee flow.

Joe

1 comment:

Dan The Man said...

Hey Joe! Sorry for not checking this earlier, it almost slipped my mind. First: Thanks for starting this again it is defiinitly a blessing.

I love James! It is so practical and cuts always to the point. Well I have 3 points that stand out deeply to me.

James 1:2-4 It is extremely difficult for me to count it joy when I fall into trials. I know the first thing that happends to me is that I get upset and I ask God to fix it right away. I don't look at it as maybe producing patience and from patience, character, and from character, hope. (Romans 5:3-5)

Lately times have been hard and upsetting in my life and I feel like many things that I do fall apart. I feel like I am not giving my all and I lose hope. This verse gives me hope because it reminds me that God is working in me, perfecting me. Going through trials will help us become the person that God wants us to be. Lets look to God in trials and the possible outcomes.

James 1:21-22 Lay aside wickedness that you have in your life and recieve the word of God. Be doers of the word and not only hearers. Recieving the word of God does not mean look at it and go "Oh that was nice", and then forget later. Recieving the word is to take it to heart and follow the commands and guidance that God has for us.

James 1:27 This really shows me the heart of thoughs who really are living the christian life to the fullest. It is a total selfless attitude and a care for others especially thoughs who are forgotten and not cared for.

Father, I pray that we can keep are eyes on You and heaven. So that when trials and temptations come we can look forward to the hope and Joy that we have with you. I also ask that you give us wisdom in how precious your word is. Moses sais it is more precious than gold and I want to see it that way as well. I also pray that you give us a heart for others. Give us your heart and your eyes so that we can see and help though around us. Thank you Father, Amen.

Good first cup.