Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life is not about me

I thought I would be in agreement with btaylor since Chapter 4 is all about a life in complete submission to God. Chapter 4 is for sure a Venti with triple shot espresso and go ahead and throw on the whip. So much that I just may spend a few days meditating on it. I'd like to comment on v.1

What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?

I don't think we recognize that the core of issues with one another is our selfish desires. James says you want something and you don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.

I have found it to be true that when I give up my desires for His I find that my life is full of blessings and peace. All the battles in my life originate from a desire for something that is birthed from me and and not Him. James is so true when he says friendship with the world is becoming an enemy of God. James is not talking about a physical world, remember God said it was good. James is talking about the sin of the world and unfortunatly it's in our nature. When we lose our life we say no to sin and find life in Him. So today I pray that my life I live is not mine but His. The scripture also tells us that when we lose our life we find it. So I encourage you to start living for Him. v. 7 Submit yourselves then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I wonder if resisting the devil is saying no to caffeine? Is Caffeine from the devil?

2 comments:

btaylor said...

I hope caffein is not from the devil. I just drank a vanilla latte with an extra shot of expresso for breakfast.
I think you are completely right. Selfish desires definately get the better of us. When i actually lay my selfish desires before Him, I feel totally released from the pressures of the world. Jesus said, "In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world (John 16:33b)."

Unknown said...

Joe-seph

You are such a theologian and borderline philosopher. Miss your spirit.